GET THE PUSH YOU NEED TO MAKE THE CHANGES YOU ALWAYS WANTED
A Life Coach Who Understands and Sets Realistic Expectations
Do you feel that there are never enough hours in the day? Are you overwhelmed by a seemingly endless “to-do” list that never gets any shorter? Perhaps you don’t feel that you’re any nearer to achieving your goals or don’t have any meaningful goals in mind. Don’t fret – it’s perfectly normal not to have everything figured out yet. Our life coaching services should steer you in the right direction, where you will be able to pinpoint and address ongoing issues so you can start channelling your focus and motivation to become the best version of yourself.
DIPAC offers professional life coaching appointments for the Canberra, Queanbeyan and ACT regions from our offices at Level 1-18 The Realm, National Circuit, Barton, ACT, 2600. So if you would like to see a Coach in Canberra or just want to talk to someone, we can help. Call us at 02 6198 3423 or complete our contact form to book an initial 1-hour session..
Life Coaching in a Nutshell
What does a life coach do?
A life coach role can incorporate a wide range of skills. A successful life coach will be able to find an approach that enables you to implement constructive solutions to the problems which are holding you back from achieving your goals, whatever these might be. From being a friendly ear when you have a problem through to providing confidence-building tips, career development advice, assistance with goal setting and a tool kit to improve personal qualities such as communication skills, presentation and motivational abilities, the life coach role is wide-ranging and multi-faceted. The work we do on life coaching and executive coaching is tailored to meet the needs of individual clients. This ensures that everyone we work with ends up with coaching that helps get them where they want to go. Life coaching is not a one size fits all model.
What is a life coach?
YOUR DECISIONS X YOUR ACTIONS = YOUR RESULTS
A life coach is a type of wellness professional who helps people make progress in their lives in order to attain greater fulfilment. Life coaches aid their clients in improving their relationships, careers, and day-to-day lives. In creating these strategies, life coaches target your unique skills and gifts.
Here are a few areas life coaching can help:
- Build confidence
- Find a career that you love
- Get clear on your goals
- Stay accountable to your goals
- Do more of the activities that engage you
- Form better relationships
- Have more meaning in your life
- Develop your purpose
- Work on the things that you are passionate about
- Feel happier
- Analyse your life decisions to understand your process
What are the benefits of life coaching?
In many ways similar to a business coach, life coaches can have a transformative effect on both work performance and personal well-being. Where business coaches for entrepreneurs focus on business success as well as personal goals, life coaching tends to centre on the needs of an individual, which will also usually include coaching on work-related challenges. There are a number of different favourable outcomes which life coaching can have. These include:
- A clearer idea of your goals and what is actually meaningful to you.
- A game plan for reaching your goals: even if the time isn’t right to pursue some of them just now, a life coach can often help you to work out how best to achieve what you want.
- Gaining the skills you need to reach your goals. Whether this be directly through instruction from a life coach (for example, life coaches can help to improve confidence or self-belief if those are the things which are holding you back) or through giving you the tools to access appropriate training or support from elsewhere (for example, further learning or therapy), life coaching is all about facilitating positive change.
- Many people have a fair idea of what they want to do in life but feel powerless to pursue their goals. In many cases, a life coach is able to assist in breaking down the barriers which are preventing people from achieving what they want.
- Better emotional well-being. Life coaches are trained in a variety of therapeutic approaches, which can be used to help people improve their emotional health. Often greater clarity around goals and the best way to reach them has a positive effect on mental health, in addition to any other work which a life coach might do in this area.