Executive Coaching Canberra
Executive coaching is a structured and professional relationship between a qualified coach (similar to a life coach) and a client, with regular meetings based in the workplace or in the coaches office. The client might be an organisation aiming to train all of its executives, or an individual looking to get ahead in their career. The goal of executive coaching is to enhance performance, usually by developing skills such as leadership, strategic thinking and organisational skills.
Our executive development coaches aim to learn and understand as much about the client as possible, in order to assist in formulating plans that will work towards agreed-upon targets and goals. The coach is not a “boss” but is more like a friend that helps to identify areas for improvement, and through structured listening and response, develop decision-making tools while encouraging new perspectives and ways of thinking. These days, it is very common for executives to enlist a coach at various critical stages of their careers. Executive coaching is suitable for leaders, managers, employees working their way up the leader board, and self-employed individuals across all industries.
Why you might need an executive coach?
Professionals come to DIPAC business coaching for a wide range of reasons.
- They feel stuck in their current role or business, and don’t know how to progress.
- They don’t have a mentor or confidant to turn to for advice.
- They have a sense that something needs to change and want help.
- They want to try something different but don’t know where to start.
- They know what their goals are but don’t know how to get there.
- They don’t know what their goals are and need help to identify them.
The list goes on! The role of an executive coach is extremely varied, and there is no single reason why someone might enlist coaching services. That’s why executive coaching focuses on the individual client with the overarching aim to get them from where they are now, to where they ultimately want to be (either as a sole professional or as a company).
Benefits of Executive Coaching
For the Individual
- Identify your career goals and monitor career progress
- Determine your aptitude for better career management
- Build confidence to define your value proposition
- Get personalised advice and guidance on performance culture
- Establish realistic career and leadership goals
- Learn essential skills required for today’s work environment
- Set goals and build a roadmap to achieve high performance
- Get objective guidance when considering a career shift
- Prepare for new role or promotion interviews
- Take accountability in staying motivated throughout employment
For the Company
- Improve team synergy
- Challenge the organisation to try new things
- Enhance teamwork collaboration
- Increase strategic thinking among employees
- Identify strengths and weaknesses
- Guarantee company-wide enhanced performance
- Tap the workforce’s high potential
- Easily establish realistic goals
- Inspire confidence in the workforce
- Improve brainstorming session outputs